Monday, November 17, 2008

ohhh how I love Fall


Fall...my favorite time of year (besides Christmas)...yes it offically arrived weeks ago, however our trees just turned a beautiful bright yellow. This is the time of year I come alive...baking pumpkin everything, making popcorn balls, sipping hot tea (just bought some from teaman and it's fabulous)...and the smell of roasting chile fills the air. I love every bit of it.
here is my all time favorite popcorn ball recipe:
INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup margarine
2 teaspoons cold water
2 5/8 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup marshmallows
5 quarts plain popped popcorn (
3 bags of mircrowave popcorn...)

(I add 2 teaspoons of ameretto, vanilla OR even peppermint flavoring...oh an a couple of drops of food coloring depending on the holiday)

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, margarine, cold water, confectioners' sugar and marshmallows. Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Carefully combine the hot mixture with the popcorn, coating each kernel.
Grease hands with vegetable shortening and quickly shape the coated popcorn into balls before it cools. Wrap with cellophane or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
I love to wrap in saran wrap and tie with raffia or yarn....ahhh I love Fall!!

2 comments:

Adri said...

I'm with ya. Fall is certainly my favorite time of year. In the afternoon you might be able to wear just a t-shirt, but by 5 o'clock, it's bundling up time.

I really appreciate the recipe.

I wondered if you've ever had/made pumpkin rolls?

If you want the recipe just let me know!

Jess said...

Fall is my fave too! although all our leaves are gone now!

I cant wait to try those popcorn balls. I think my brotehr and sister will have a ball making them!