Friday, November 14, 2008

my etsy store...a little about what I make





I've been creating things my whole life...as a child I was ALWAYS doodling, drawing or gluing something....it runs in the family. I basically make things I would want to receive.



I love sewing now...however for years we had a love-hate relationship. In 7th grade I was in a home education class that taught how to sew. We had to make pillows out of our initials...mine were MRS...as I started the 1st one and SEWED my finger...needless to say...that was the last time I sewed until weeks before my son was due. My mom is an amazing seamstress...she'll tell you she'd not...but she really is. I asked her to teach me to read patterns so I could make a baby kimono for my son's dedication. I shortly began making purses for friends and myself....and haven't stopped since. I love picking fabrics and seeing the end product.




I've been making baby sets for years...I used to make the no-sew fleece blankets until I started sewing and just recently added sweet kimono-style booties. I love love love snuggle flannel because the more you wash it...the softer it gets. I've made my son pajamas out of it...and he loves it! I still use the burp cloths too....they are perfect for runny noses and won't rub them raw.

I also love choosing fabrics that are non-traditional...

I can sit for hours looking at different papers to create my magnet sets. These are the perfect little gift for anyone....teachers, office, just thinking of you, wedding and baby shower hostesses...and they are inexpensive! Every set I make....I question whether to keep them for myself!







2 comments:

Sherry said...

Blessings to you. As an adoptive mother myself, I know the joys. Our wait was filled with twists and turns, but it will happen for you.

Jeanne said...

I love reading about a person's creative process. I love how you said you could stare for hours at the papers... That's one of the reasons I love creating... You can stare for hours at something you might otherwise only glance at. Fabric, flowers, sky, landscapes...