Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Turning 3


There is something that happens when you strap a gun...real or fake to a boy's (or man's) hip. I took pictures of my son today...dressed as a cowboy. We are having an "Outlaw Johnny Cash Cowboy" B-day party....he is turning three. He immediately took on a whole different personality...walking different, making mad faces and asking if he's allowed to shoot birds. I had a good laugh this afternoon...watching him strut around...I had to convince him to wash the moustache off to take a nap. I love throwing theme parties...I tend to go over the top...but this is the day that my heart was flooded with joy....the day that ended the longing for a child and the day I became a mama. I still remember seeing his beautiful red lips, skinny legs and almost bald head for the first time...and singing "you are my sunshine" as I rocked him to sleep in the nursery. This is going to be a fun party...I'll post more pics after next weekend.

2 comments:

Jessica N. said...

So sweet...Happy Birthday to your little man!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's really sweet.

It's funny, even if you try to be a household where guns aren't allowed, little boys make guns out of everything.

I love the look on his face!