Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back.

my son's 5th birthday...surprise lunch with dada!
It's been a while...a long while.
It's been a busy whirlwind these last give or take 6 months. I've seen my daughter grow from an infant to a mobile tornado and my son begin to read. He starts Kinder in the Fall...no more homeschool for that kid. It was a hard decision...but mama being his teacher was not working for the both of us. He's brillant...and knows it...we are both stubborn, strong-willed...and quite frankly I'm tired of fighting him everyday. So off to private school boy! (I'm still homeschooling him...only we aren't doing it everyday) I can't believe it's been 5 years since his birth...we celebrated his actually birthday by having a surprise lunch with dada....and that weekend we had a lucha libre party. I'll blog more on that later.

Okay so...the last time I posted I wanted to lose weight, was going to see an encrinologist, had labs done etc. Well....I went to the encrinologist. He was a jerk. I sat through his "seminar" and saw him the next day. He asked me what my goal was. I said "well, I'd like to lose weight and....." He interrupted me and said "well, I'm no FAT doctor!...the correct answer would have been a baby" I was speechless. He said "you probably have PCOS soooo, it will take you a year...you can't eat any carbs...so go on the Atkins diet....and that "running around after kids all day" is obviously not enough exercise. "I told him how can I have PCOS and have always had a regular period and that the only symptom I've had is cysts?" He said "hmmmmmm" and ordered a bunch of tests and then his goon came in to tell me all about their financial plans. He was like a cars salesman and by the end of it, I wanted to punch both of them in their ugly faces. Sorry, but I did. Then the gyno came in and gave me all the orders and said he'd call me back with the results. I got the blood tests done at a place where my insurance pays 100%. About 2 weeks later I get a call from the gyno's nurse...who was extremely rude. She said that I had had the bill sent to the gyno personally and that I needed to pick it up immediately and pay for it. It was over $400. I told her all I did was go to the lab...I didn't "have them bill the doctor" She said...well you must have checked off a box or something...but you need to come get this right now!" Wow. So I went...picked it up and called the lab. I told them what happened. They were really nice and said that the gyno set it up that way...and they'd take care of it. I never got a call back from the gyno. So I don't have the results...I've called and left messages. I went to the lab yesterday...they said it will take 30 days for them to mail me my results. I just want to know if I have lupus or don't have lupus.

I decided to see a nutritionist. I got on a eating plan. 1200 calories, 30 grams of fat, no more than 10 grams of sugar per serving...limit red meat, eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner, drink 10-12 glasses of water, exercise 5 days a week. PORTION CONTROL.....and I discovered Zumba.

Oh Zumba how I love you! I went to several different classes until I found my "match" I love my instructor and the people that go there....and I sweat like hog...and I'm sad when the hour is up. I'm expecting my Zumba pants today...they have ribbons on the butt...and I'm so going to wear them!

 The only time I can't eat carbs is at dinner. I set a goal to lose at least 40 pounds by my birthday, which is in 2 weeks. I've lost 39. I've dropped 4 sizes in 4 months. I feel amazing. I still need to lose between 10-15 pounds after that.

I went to my regular doctor a couple of weeks ago...he had some labs that came to him from the nutritionist and also when I had that kidney stone...I have high uric acid...which can cause gout...if I had gone on the Atkins diet...it could have killed my kidneys. I probably won't be able to eat read meat again. I'm waiting for some more results to see how bad it really is...I've limited it to once a week...as part of the diet...so I'm hoping that will be enough. If not, I may have to become a vegetarian that can't eat oats, legumes, asparagus, yeast, spinach...basically all my favorites...so we will see. I still want to punch someone.

Sorry this is a bunch of medical issues...but I felt like I needed to say all of that...so I don't punch someone!

Okay onto other business. I can't wait for Spring. I'm so ready to start the veggie garden...and this year, so is my son. We saw the veggie and herb plants yesterday at Wal-Mart....he knew what some of them were! He wanted to get some right then and there. But we need to replace our soil...and this year I was to start a compost pile. I can't wait to get my hands into fresh earth and smell Spring rains...ahhhh.

No comments: